Discover the magic of chamomile tea before bedtime and how it can transform your well-being. If you’re tea enthusiast you should definitely consider adding chamomile tea to your nighttime routine. Also known as Babune ka phal, this Australian herb has gained popularity in India for its soothing flavor and incredible health benefits. From aiding digestion to relieving stress, chamomile extracts are making waves in both skincare and beverages.
Chamomile tea is made from the dried flowers of the chamomile plant, scientifically known as Matricaria chamomilla or Matricaria recutita. These daisy-like blossoms, originating from the Asteraceae family, are carefully harvested and dried. The tea is crafted by infusing these dried chamomile flowers in hot water, resulting in a fragrant and calming herbal infusion.
Here are five health benefits of sipping chamomile tea at night:
- Soothing Sips for a Serene Sleep: Nutritionist Anshul Jaibharat praises chamomile tea for promoting better sleep. Unlike caffeinated options, chamomile offers a calming alternative, acting as a gentle relaxant and a natural sedative that eases stress. It becomes a simple and natural solution to coax the mind into a restful state.
- A Balm for Aches and Pains: Chamomile tea extends its therapeutic touch to pain management, addressing digestive discomfort, stomach aches, and menstrual cramps. Research reveals its pain-relieving and antispasmodic properties, providing a natural remedy for physical discomfort.
- Tackling Stress and Anxiety: In our fast-paced lives, chamomile is highlighted as a potential antidote to stress and anxiety. Clinical trials demonstrate its anxiety-reducing effects compared to a placebo, offering a holistic approach to calming the nerves.
- Remedy For Cold And Cough: Nutritionist Lovneet Batra emphasizes chamomile’s benefits for managing cold and cough, citing its anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant functions. The antispasmodic function also helps treat cough.
- Makes Digestion Smoother: Recognized as a digestive relaxant, chamomile proves effective against issues like flatulence, indigestion, and diarrhea. Its natural properties come to the rescue, helping to digest dinner faster and alleviating discomfort.