The National Testing Agency (NTA) has opened the registration process for the 2024-25 session of the Joint Entrance Examination – Main (JEE Main 2024) earlier than last year, giving aspiring engineering students more time to apply.
Those aiming to pursue BTech programs in prestigious institutions such as the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) need to submit their applications on the official website, jeemain.nta.ac.in, before November 30.
This year, unlike before, there won’t be an option to correct any mistakes in the application details, underlining the importance of accuracy during the initial submission.
JEE Main 2024 will take place in two sessions – one in January (from January 24 to February 1) and another in April (from April 1 to 15). Applicants can choose to apply for the January session or, for more flexibility, opt for both sessions by paying the necessary fees.
To register for JEE Main 2024
- Account Creation: Candidates have the option to create an account using DigiLocker, NAD portal, or Academic Bank of Credits ID (ABC ID) for login purposes.
- Alternative Login Methods: Alternatively, candidates can use their Indian passport number, non-Indian passport number, PAN card number, or Aadhaar enrollment number for registration.
- Official Website: Visit the official website of JEE Main 2024 at jeemain.nta.ac.in.
- Registration Link: Click on the registration link displayed on the homepage.
- Login: After clicking the link, log in using the chosen method – either the system-generated password, Digilocker, or ABC login ID.
- Provide Personal Information: Once logged in, provide personal details as required, including name, contact information, and other relevant information.
- Select Exam Paper: Choose the desired exam paper for the JEE Main 2024.
- Preferred Exam Cities: Select preferred exam cities where the candidate wishes to appear for the examination.
- Enter Educational Qualifications: Enter educational qualifications accurately, including details about the last qualifying examination.
- Upload Necessary Documents: Upload essential documents, which may include certificates, photographs, and signatures, as per the specified guidelines.