CNG has become increasingly popular as a fuel choice, especially for budget-friendly vehicles and large transport vehicles prioritizing cost efficiency. In this category, the Maruti Ertiga has been a leader, particularly in the fleet market. Capitalizing on its success, Toyota introduced the Rumion MPV earlier this year, essentially a rebadged version of the Ertiga, and like its counterpart, it also offers a CNG variant. Let’s explore how their ARAI-certified CNG mileages compare.
Both the Maruti Ertiga and Toyota Rumion are equipped with a 1.5-liter K-Series petrol engine, generating 103bhp/136Nm in petrol mode and 87bhp/121Nm in CNG mode. Both models come with a standard five-speed manual transmission, and the petrol version of Ertiga also offers a six-speed torque converter automatic.
CNG Mileage and Range:
- Maruti Ertiga: ARAI-certified mileage of 26.11km/kg
- Toyota Rumion: ARAI-claimed mileage of 26.11km/kg
- Both cars offer a claimed CNG range of 281.9km.
MT and AT Mileage and Range (Petrol):
- In their petrol manual transmission versions, both cars have identical mileage figures of 20.51kmpl.
- With a full tank, the range for both is 922km.
AT Mileage and Range (Petrol):
- Maruti Ertiga (AT): Mileage of 20.3kmpl, offering a range of 913km with a 45-litre tank.
- Toyota Rumion (AT): Mileage of 20.1kmpl, providing a range of 904km with a 45-litre tank.
These figures highlight the comparable performance of both models, ensuring buyers have a clear understanding of the fuel efficiency and range they can expect in different driving conditions.