The Delhi Police is currently hiring for 7,547 positions. The application process is open until September 30, 2023, and started on September 11. Male candidates of all categories need to pay an application fee of ₹100, while female applicants are exempt. The age criteria for applying are between 18 and 25 years.
Candidates who pass the online exam will undergo a Physical Endurance and Measurement Test (PE&MT) conducted by the Delhi Police. After the online application deadline, candidates will have two days to make corrections.
The Computer-Based Examination (CBE) will be conducted in English and Hindi by the SSC. The essential qualification is a 10+2 (Senior Secondary) certificate from a recognized board.
Educational qualifications can be relaxed up to the 11th grade for:
- Sons/daughters of current, retired, or deceased Delhi Police personnel.
- Multi-tasking staff of Delhi Police.
- Bandsmen, buglers, mounted constables, drivers, and dispatch riders of Delhi Police only.
Ten percent of vacancies are reserved for ex-servicemen in each category of constable (exe) male. Within this reservation, half is for specific categories of ex-servicemen:
- Those who served in the Special Forces/ NSG (Special Action Group).
- Those who received a ‘Qualified Instructors’ grading in the Commando course.
- Officers from the Navy/Air Force who worked in specialized Commando-type units.
Additional marks will be given to applicants holding a degree or Postgraduate Diploma certificate from the Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU).